Search This Blog

Thursday, November 9, 2023

Dear Aunt Carole - a few of my memories

 I tried to offer these thoughts in the Condolence book but it didn't work. 

To Carole's husband Yvon and the children, and to her brother Emile and family,

Dear Uncle Yvon

Mike and I are very saddened to hear of the passing of Aunt Carole. I have very fond memories of my dear aunt. Like the two of us gliding back and forth on the wooden swing on Sweetland Ave., all the while playing the game "I Spy Something with my little eye" I loved grandma's back yard, especially the swing. Mom and Grandma would be chatting and laughing with Aunt Adelaide at the fence that divided the properties at the back, house dresses blowing in the wind like the clothes on the clothesline. They were probably wearing aprons too. As I think back, It looked like a scene from a Norman Rockwell painting. It was in the 50's so you know

And I smile as I remember visiting Grandpa and Grandma at their cottage in Burnett on the Gatineau River when I was very young, probably about 4 or 5.  Aunt Carole and I walking along the train tracks to the beach was fun. I didn't go into the water though, probably afraid of water snakes. God, why did you make snakes? 

I can still remember the smell of the tracks ( I kind of liked that smell: weird eh?) Also the trees and wildflowers. There is a certain smell in the air in August which reminds me of Grandma and Grandpa's cottage, so I'm thinking it was sometime in August. I watched Aunt Carole swinging back and forth for a long team it seems. "Wow, what a good swimmer," I thought. I miss my aunt Carole!


Michael expresses his condolences too. We had a mass offered for her soul last Sunday
(Nov. 5th, 9:am) at our Church of the Annunciation of the Lord Parish in Ottawa, ON

May her soul and all the souls of the Faithful departed, through the Mercy of God rest in peace. Amen

Love and Prayers,

Michael and Maureen xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Aunt Carole - a few of my memories

 I tried to offer these thoughts in the Condolence book but it didn't work.  To Carole's husband Yvon and the children, and to her b...